Emergency Surgery Course (ESC)
Zeit & Ort
Über die Veranstaltung
PARTICIPANTS WILL :
- Improve clinical skills
- Establish priorities in diagnosis and treatment
- Recognize the evidence that supports decisions and interventions
- See real-life case presentations as examples
- Familiarize themselves with important diagnostic tests and therapeutic maneuvers
- Learn new interventions that may improve outcome
This workshop is designed to review state-of-the-art information on the diagnosis and management of nontrauma gastrointestinal and visceral emergencies. The symposium provides an ideal mix of the traditional standard-of-care principles with cutting edge, forward-moving practices. It explores issues related to resuscitation and surgical technique. The workshop runs theory in the morning sessions and hands-on sessions in the afternoon. The course provides in-depth and cutting-edge information in the field of gastrointestinal and visceral emergencies. The material presented will be exciting as well as readily assimilated and applied.
The course aim is to provide surgical residents and consultants with the information and skills needed for successful handling of nontraumatic visceral and gastrointestinal emergencies from arrival in the emergency room through transfer for definitive treatment to the operating room, intensive care unit or ward, with detailed attention to the decision-making process as well as to relevant surgical skills and techniques.
The following goals will be pursued:
1- Confront surgeons with different controversial scenarios
2- Provide concrete answers and guidelines for questions emerging from these situations
3- Develop skills to manage complicated issues
An application has been made to the EACCME for CME accreditation of this event.
Symposium director: Selman Uranues, MD, Philipp Stiegler, MD
Organizing Committee: Mustafa Yanik, MD, Valerie Wienerroither, MD, Leo Kronberger, MD
Course language: English
Registration fee: € 700.-, for members of EAES and ESTES € 650.-
- Members of EAES and ESTES€650MwSt inbegriffen+€16.25 Servicegebühr€650MwSt inbegriffen+€16.25 Servicegebühr0€0
- Non Members€700MwSt inbegriffen€700MwSt inbegriffen0€0